The history of the Anti-Apartheid movement brings up images of boycotts and public campaigns in the UK. But another story went on behind the scenes, in secret, one that has been never told before.
This is the story of the foreign recruits and their activities in South Africa, how they acted in defiance of the Apartheid government and its police on the instructions of the African National Congress. It tells of:
- ANC Banners that unfurled
- ANC speeches that sounded through public places
- Buckets that exploded and showered ANC leaflets
- Transportation of weapons, communications, logistics
- Helping ANC fighters to enter South Africa,
- and more…..
Many recruits were Young Communists, others were Trotskyists or independent socialists; from the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, and the USA, and they all took amazing risks. Some paid a heavy price for their support. This is their untold story.
- Publisher's description